This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Homemade Vegan Fudgesicle recipe is a healthy frozen dessert made with dairy-free with no refined sugars! Both kids and adults love this chocolate treat.
What is a Fudgesicle?
Did you ever have a fudgesicle growing up? They’re traditionally made using dairy ice cream blended with cocoa powder and sugar. Fudgesicles were one of my very favorite frozen desserts when I was a kid.
But, now that I’m dairy-free to help manage my PCOS and autoimmune disease, I wanted to make a dairy-free version that is just as creamy and decadent as the original. Instead of using coconut milk, this recipe uses cashews blended with cocoa and sweet pitted dates.
Dairy-Free & Vegan Fudgesicle Ingredients
These homemade vegan fudgesicles are made using only four ingredients: cashews, dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla. For my friends who are sensitive to cocoa or chocolate, you can also use carob powder instead of cocoa powder.
How to Make Homemade Vegan Fudgesicles
This recipe is so easy, you literally just blend up the cashews, water, dates, cocoa powder, and vanilla, and then pour the mixture into your molds. The freezer does all the work to make these chocolatey, perfect-looking treats! Good luck not eating all of them yourself.
I took a bite so you can see for yourself how creamy they are.
I’m not kidding, they taste just like I remember. I usually use coconut milk as the base of my frozen treats, but the cashews work perfectly so the chocolate is the dominant flavor.
Here are some other dairy-free and vegan ice cream recipes you might like:
- Cherry Blast Popsicles
- Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream
- Marionberry Ice Cream Pie
- Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream
- Raspberry Chocolate Ice Cream (dairy-free, date-sweetened)
- Strawberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Topping
- Sweet Cherry Ice Cream
- Vegan Peach Ice Cream
Here’s the printable recipe for these Vegan Homemade Fudgesicles:Print
This Homemade Vegan Fudgesicle recipe is a healthy summer treat using cashews, dates, vanilla, and cocoa powder.
- 1 cup cashews*
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder (you can substitute carob powder or cacao powder)
- 8 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine the cashews, water, cocoa powder, dates, and vanilla extract in a high-speed blender and process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Pour into molds and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- You may need to pour hot water over the molds to remove the fudgesicles.
* Soak the cashews in warm filtered water for at least 30 minutes before using. Rinse and drain the cashews before using them.
Pin this recipe to save this fudgesicle recipe for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!