I’m so excited to share a new dish with you today that is so easy and delicious! My sauce has simple ingredients, yet I thought it tasted totally gourmet and elegant. Here’s what it looks like in the high-speed blender pre-blending:
It took less than a minute to get this sauce:
I decided to make some steamed cauliflower and kale to go with the sauce. I was really lazy so I just piled the veggies in the steamer, cauliflower on the bottom, kale on top:
Eight minutes of steaming and the veggies were good to go. Here’s my bowl with the cheese sauce on top:
I have never used saffron before and it added that gourmet flavor; I loved it!Print
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium tamari
- Combine cashews, nutritional yeast, unsweetened soy milk, white wine vinegar, saffron threads, dried garlic, onion flakes, dates, turmeric, and low-sodium tamari in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add additional vinegar or non-dairy milk if necessary to reach the desired constancy. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance.