Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce
This delicious and creamy Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce is made by blending cashews and nutritional yeast. Serve it over vegetables or as dip. Nobody will ever guess it’s dairy-free!
Most people who go on a dairy-free diet end up missing cheese. I know I did! The good news is that you can make your own version of a creamy cheese sauce using cashews and nutritional yeast, plus a few other ingredients.
I’ve been dairy-free since 2010, and it’s recipes like these that help keep me on track. I sure don’t miss the acne and excess mucus that I had when I was eating cheese. I hope that if you are trying to cut dairy out of your diet, then this recipe comes in handy for you too.
The first step of making your “cheeze” sauce is to soak your raw cashews. This will ensure that your sauce is ultra-creamy!
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Then, after you’ve soaked and rinsed your cashews, then combine them in your blender with the other ingredients. Blend and serve!
Vegan Cashew Cheese Sauce can be used the same way you would use regular cheese sauce. I like to serve it over steamed cauliflower as a plant-based main dish.
This vegan cheese sauce can also be used as a dip for corn chips. I promise that if you serve it at your next party or gathering, nobody will ever guess that it’s dairy-free!
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews, soaked in hot water for 15 minutes, then rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the soaked and drained cashews, nutritional yeast, almond milk, dried garlic, onion powder, turmeric, and sea salt in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high for 15-20 seconds, or until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Pour into a jar. Use immediately, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 109
- Sugar: 0.9 g
- Sodium: 90.3 mg
- Fat: 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.5 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: how to make a vegan cheese sauce in the vitamix using cashews and nutritional yeast, vegan cheeze sauce, cashew cheese sauce