Vegan Saffron Cheese Sauce
This delicious and creamy Vegan Saffron Cheese Sauce is made by blending cashews and nutritional yeast. Serve it over vegetables for a decadent dish.
I’m so excited to share a new dish with you today that is so easy and delicious! My sauce has simple ingredients, yet I thought it tasted totally gourmet and elegant.
To get started, simple combine your ingredients into the base of a high-speed blender.
Blend on high, for about 30-45 seconds, or until the sauce is creamy.
Decide what you want to serve the cheese sauce with. I decided to make some steamed cauliflower and kale to go with the sauce. I was really lazy so I just piled the veggies in the steamer, cauliflower on the bottom, kale on top.
After eight minutes of steaming, my veggies were good to go. Here’s my bowl with the cheese sauce on top.
I have never used saffron before and it added that gourmet flavor; I loved it!
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This delicious and creamy vegan Saffron Cheese Sauce is made by blending cashews and nutritional yeast. Serve it over vegetables for a decadent dish.
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or other non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron threads
- 1 teaspoon dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos
- Combine cashews, nutritional yeast, unsweetened soy milk, white wine vinegar, saffron threads, dried garlic, onion flakes, dates, turmeric, and coconut aminos in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Add additional vinegar or non-dairy milk if necessary to reach the desired constancy. The sauce will thicken as it sits. Refrigerate leftovers in a tightly sealed container for up to 5 days.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to make a vegan cheese sauce in the vitamix using cashews and nutritional yeast, vegan cheeze sauce, cashew cheese sauce