Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is a delicious way to satisfy your craving for something sweet. Made in just a couple of minutes in the microwave, this is the ultimate easy dessert. This recipe is gluten-free with a vegan option.
Mug cakes are such a great easy, single-serving dessert that you can make in 10 minutes or less. They are perfect for when you don’t want to bake an entire cake, but you just want something sweet to satisfy your cravings.
This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake recipe uses almond flour as the base, so it is gluten-free and grain-free. And, although I do recommend using an egg white to help add fluffiness to the mug cake, you can leave it out to make this recipe vegan.
What is Snickerdoodle?
Snickerdoodle flavor is most commonly associated with snickerdoodle cookies. The hallmark is cinnamon and sugar. This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake re-creates those flavors, but in a cake form.
The first step to making any mug cake is to spray a microwavable mug or small ramekin with nonstick cooking spray. Then, you just add your dry ingredients.
Next, add your wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir. I like to use a small whisk to ensure there are no clumps.
The last step is to microwave your Snickerdoodle Mug Cake. In my microwave, I usually cook mug cakes for 2 minutes. But, if you have a very powerful microwave, you may only need 1 1/2 minutes.
I always recommend putting the mug or ramekin on a small plate in case the mug cake spills over. I have never had that happen, but I supposed it could.
Remove your Snickerdoodle Mug Cake from the microwave and sprinkle the top with the remaining coconut sugar. Let it cool for just a minute or two before serving. Be careful, it might be hot!
I don’t have almond milk. Can I use regular milk instead?
Yes, but that might change the nutrition info of the recipe.
I don’t have almond flour. Can I use another flour instead?
Yes, you can use any flour you like. If you want to use coconut flour, though, you might want to check out my mug cake using coconut flour.
Other Mug Cake Recipes You Might Like
Here is the printable recipe:Print
Snickerdoodle Mug Cake
This Snickerdoodle Mug Cake is a delicious way to satisfy your craving for something sweet. Made in just a couple of minutes in the microwave, this is the ultimate easy dessert. This recipe includes a vegan option.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg white (leave out for vegan)
- Spray a microwavable mug or ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, 1 tablespoon of the coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, and ground cinnamon to the mug.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, coconut oil, and egg white (leave out for vegan), and stir until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds to two minutes, or until the cake has risen.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of coconut sugar on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for a minute or two before serving.
You can eat the cake right out of the mug or ramekin, or you can turn it out onto a plate to serve.
Keywords: gluten free mug cake, almond flour mug cake, egg white mug cake