Peanut Butter Protein Bites (Gluten-Free & Vegan)
These Peanut Butter Protein Bites are so perfect for a gluten-free and vegan healthy dessert or snack. Packed with flavor and fiber, they are healthy too.
My friend Carol came up with this recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Bites. Carol and I have a mutual friend named Janet who made these for the holidays and gifted me a batch. I was so impressed with their yummy flavor and healthy ingredients that I asked (a.k.a. begged) Carol if I could share the recipe on my blog. Luckily, she said yes!
I find that these Bites are so satisfying as a snack or a dessert, and I adore having them in my fridge for busy days. I adapted Carol’s original recipe just slightly, offering tahini for almond butter and allowing for maple syrup instead of honey to give a vegan option.
You’ll see from the recipe that these cookies don’t even need to be baked; you just mix up the ingredients and chill them a bit to keep them together.
I hope you love this recipe! Honestly, I have a batch of some sort of no-bake cookie or energy ball in my fridge at all times. I’ll even make a double batch and freeze half for later.
- Gluten-free, organic rolled oats
- Sprouted ground flax (my favorite brand!!!)
- NOW Foods organic unsweetened coconut
- Allergen-free dark chocolate chips
The printable recipe:Print
Peanut Butter Protein Bites (GF, Vegan option)
These Peanut Butter Protein Bites are a healthy snack or dessert. They don’t even need to be baked; just mix and go!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 20 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: Gluten-Free with Vegan Option
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free, if necessary)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup tahini (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup raw honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- Combine the oats, coconut, flax, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add the peanut butter, tahini, and honey to the mixing bowl and use your hands to manually mix the ingredients together. It might take a few minutes and your hands will get sticky, but soon everything will be completely combined.
- Then, use your hands to form the batter into about 20 cookies, rolling them in your palms to make them round and to ensure they stick together. Each “bite” will be about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter protein energy bites