This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
These Peanut Butter Protein Bites are so perfect for a gluten-free and vegan healthy dessert or snack. Packed with flavor and fiber, they are healthy too.
My friend Carol came up with this recipe for Peanut Butter Protein Bites. Carol and I have a mutual friend named Janet who made these for the holidays and gifted me a batch. I was so impressed with their yummy flavor and healthy ingredients that I asked (a.k.a. begged) Carol if I could share the recipe on my blog. Luckily, she said yes!
I find that these Bites are so satisfying as a snack or a dessert, and I adore having them in my fridge for busy days. I adapted Carol’s original recipe just slightly, offering tahini for almond butter and allowing for maple syrup instead of honey to give a vegan option.
You might note that these cookies have a lot of ground flax in them. I’m pointing that out as a caution in case you aren’t used to eating flax. We don’t want to give anyone a stomachache! That said, flax is generally a very healthy addition to one’s diet. Flax adds fiber and has even been purported to help balance hormones by helping to reduce excess estrogen in the body.
You’ll see from the recipe that these cookies don’t even need to be baked; you just mix up the ingredients and chill them a bit to keep them together.
The printable recipe for these delicious Peanut Butter Protein Bites:Print
These Peanut Butter Protein Bites are a healthy snack or dessert. They don’t even need to be baked; just mix and go!
- 2 cups rolled oats (use gluten-free, if necessary)
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup tahini (or almond butter)
- 1/3 cup raw honey (use maple syrup for vegan)
- Combine the oats, coconut, flax, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Stir to mix well.
- Add the peanut butter, tahini, and honey to the mixing bowl and use your hands to manually mix the ingredients together. It might take a few minutes and your hands will get sticky, but soon everything will be completely combined.
- Then, use your hands to form the batter into about 20 cookies, rolling them in your palms to make them round and to ensure they stick together. Each “bite” will be about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Items recommended for Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Energy Bite recipe (some affiliate links included):
- Gluten-free, organic rolled oats
- Sprouted ground flax (my favorite brand!!!)
- NOW Foods organic unsweetened coconut
- Allergen-free dark chocolate chips
Honestly, I have a batch of some sort of no-bake cookie or energy ball in my fridge at all times. I’ll even make a double batch and freeze half for later.
Be sure to pin this healthy energy bite recipe to your favorite gluten-free treats board on Pinterest:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!