Almond Flour Chickpea Cookie Dough
When you want an easy dessert recipe that tastes amazing and takes only 10 minutes to make, then you’ve got to try this Chocolate Chip Almond Flour Chickpea Cookie Dough. Made with wholesome ingredients, this recipe is also vegan and gluten-free.
You probably know that it’s not a good idea to eat raw cookie dough made with either eggs or grain flours, but this vegan and grain-free Chickpea Cookie Dough recipe is actually meant to be eaten raw!
Why You Need This Recipe
- Regular cookie dough with eggs is not safe to eat raw. This version is vegan and egg-free so it’s perfectly safe.
- Believe it or not, you also have to be careful not to eat raw all-purpose flour as it may be contaminated. But almond flour is safe to eat without cooking.
- You can make this simple cookie dough dessert in just a few minutes which is perfect when you have a craving.
Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans. They are budget-friendly and easy to find in a can. Simply drain the can and use the chickpeas as the base of this healthy cookie dough.
Peanut butter adds flavor and richness to this raw cookie dough recipe. You can replace the peanut butter with whatever nut or seed butter you like the most. But, I highly recommend using peanut butter as it’s soooooo yummy in this recipe.
Almond flour is safe to eat raw and is easy to find these days. Almond flour is made from ground-up almonds so it’s grain-free, gluten-free, and vegan.
See my full article on How to Substitute Almond Flour for Regular Flour if you want to make other treats using this flour.
Maple syrup adds sweetness and moisture to the cookie dough. It’s also considered an unrefined sugar so it’s healthier than using granulated sugar.
Chocolate chips are key to making this recipe taste like “real” cookie dough. Use vegan or dairy-free chocolate chips if you need to.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can blend this cookie dough together and enjoy a no-bake dessert that is full of fiber, minerals, and plant protein.
Combine all of the ingredients in the base of a food processor. I love my Breville Sous Chef, but a Cuisinart works great too.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Process the ingredients into a cookie dough consistency, and then use a spatula to transfer the edible cookie dough to a serving bowl.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until you’re ready to enjoy. The cookie dough will have a firmer consistency after it is chilled.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Be sure to use dairy-free chocolate chips to keep this recipe vegan.
- Rinse and drain your canned chickpeas in a colander before using them in this recipe.
- Once you make the cookie dough, you can serve it right away at room temperature or chill it to enjoy later.
- Watch me make this recipe on YouTube!
No, this chickpea cookie dough recipe is actually designed to be eaten raw, not baked. If you prefer a baked cookie recipe, check out these Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Yes, but not all types of flour can safely be eaten raw. Blanched almond flour should be safe.
No you can’t! It is amazing, but the maple syrup, peanut butter, and other ingredients cover any bean flavor.
More Healthy No-Bake Cookie Recipes You Might Like
- Edible Double Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Edible Sugar Cookie Dough with sprinkles
- Double Chocolate Almond Butter Energy Balls
- Pumpkin Spice Edible Cookie Dough
Or, check out my full list of no-bake gluten-free desserts!
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
And, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!Print
Almond Flour Chickpea Cookie Dough
When you want an easy dessert recipe that tastes amazing and takes only 10 minutes to make, then you’ve got to try this Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookie Dough. Made with wholesome ingredients, this recipe is also vegan and gluten-free.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 1/2 cups rinsed and drained chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (you can also use almond butter)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine the chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup, almond flour, chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and sea salt in the base of a food processor.
- Process on high for about 30-45 seconds, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Transfer the cookie dough to a serving bowl and enjoy.
- Store your Chickpea Cookie Dough in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- The cookie dough will tend to become firmer once it is chilled in the refrigerator. It will also be sweeter when served chilled.
- This recipe is not designed to be baked into cookies. It is meant to be eaten as a safe, raw cookie dough.
- Grain-free flours like almond flour are best for this recipe, as they are generally safe to be eaten without being cooked. Check with your healthcare provider if you have questions or concerns.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: vegan cookie dough, edible cookie dough, chickpea no-bake dessert
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.
This is one of those recipes that I make over and over again. It’s soooooo good!!!