Pomegranate Mocktail with Ginger and Orange
Here’s a sparkling Pomegranate Mocktail with Ginger and Orange that is perfect for a winter non-alcoholic beverage. This bubbly drink is easy to make and has no added sugar. It’s healthy, festive, and tasty.
Mocktails are simply cocktails without the alcohol. These types of drinks have gotten more popular as people avoid alcohol for various reasons.
This refreshing version is made using a blend of pomegranate juice, orange juice, and ginger kombucha, with no added sugars. The crushed ice makes this mocktail even prettier, although you could leave out the ice if you wish.
Why You Need This Recipe
- You only need a few simple ingredients to make this healthy pomegranate mocktail.
- Offer this to guests who are avoiding alcohol so they aren’t empty-handed.
- Use prepared kombucha which is easy to find in most grocery stores.
Why Go Alcohol-Free?
Now’s the time of year when the booze starts flowing, but there are a lot of reasons to go for mocktails instead. Mocktails are ideal for designated drivers, so they can enjoy a beverage without impairing their driving.
Mocktails are also great for people who can’t drink alcohol for a variety of reasons, including:
- people with alcohol sensitivities,
- recovering and recovered alcoholics,
- pregnant women,
- people who are on a diet that excludes alcohol (like Whole30 or keto),
- people whose religion doesn’t allow drinking alcohol,
- and those who simply choose not to drink.
Pomegranate juice is full of antioxidants and a gorgeous red color. Be sure to use 100% pomegranate juice with no added sugars.
Freshly-squeezed orange juice adds natural sweetness and lots of vitamin C to this holiday beverage. You can either make your own juice or buy a minimally processed version. I like to make Vitamix Orange Juice!
Ginger kombucha adds natural carbonation to the mocktail and a light ginger flavor. The fizzy texture of the drink makes it feel more festive and special. Kombucha is one of those foods with natural probiotics too!
Gather your ingredients, including pomegranate juice, ginger kombucha, oranges, and crushed ice.
Juice the oranges until you have 1/2 cup of freshly-squeeze orange juice.
Please the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients list and measurements.
In a pitcher, combine all the juices and the kombucha. Stir gently to combine.
When you’re ready to serve, fill a glass with crushed ice.
Pour the mocktail mixture on top and serve immediately.
Feel free to top with some fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds, lemon or lime slices, or even some fresh or frozen pomegranate seeds (see my guide on how to freeze pomegranate seeds which would be perfect as a garnish).
A cocktail contains alcohol and a mocktail is alcohol-free.
It depends! Most any cocktail recipe can be made in mocktail form simply by leaving out the alcohol. That said, sometimes mocktail recipes use sparkling water as a substitute for alcohol, especially champagne.
I’ve included a recipe below, but you can always just combine fruit juice and sparkling water and serve it in a fancy glass. You’ve got yourself a mocktail now!
Don’t Miss These Yummy Mocktails
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 2 cups crushed or cubed ice
- 1 1/2 cups 100% pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup freshly-squeezed orange juice (from about 3 medium oranges)
- 1 cup ginger kombucha*
- 1 lime, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Divide the crushed ice between four cocktail glasses.
- In a large pitcher, combine the pomegranate juice, orange juice, and ginger kombucha in a pitcher. Stir gently to combine.
- Pour the mixture into your cocktail glasses and serve immediately. Garnish with a slice of fresh lime, if desired.
- Kombucha has a small amount of alcohol and sugar. If you want a 100% sugar-free and alcohol-free mocktail, use sparkling water instead of kombucha.
- Also, if you want to make this recipe ahead of time, leave out the kombucha until you’re ready to serve. This will ensure that it stays carbonated and bubbly.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: Alcohol-Free
- Diet: Vegetarian
Keywords: alcohol-free drinks, easy mocktail recipe, pomegranate orange mocktail
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.