Strawberry Salad Dressing with Yogurt
This Creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing made with yogurt is so refreshing and delicious. Serve it over your favorite greens to make a bright and flavorful salad. You can use Greek yogurt or this recipe can be made dairy-free using a plant-based yogurt.
Warm summer days are the perfect time to make a creamy Strawberry Salad Dressing. It’s a nice change from a vinaigrette, and a great way to use up ripe summer berries.
Sometimes I find myself with too many fresh strawberries, so this recipe is perfect when you want to use them up and not let them go to waste.
This Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing uses simple ingredients to make the perfect salad. Use the dressing on a Strawberry Spinach Salad or any other salad greens for a creamy option with a little bit of sweetness.
Why You Need This Recipe
- You can use frozen or fresh strawberries to make this creamy dressing. It’s the perfect way to use up summer berries.
- Adapt this homemade salad dressing to use dairy yogurt or dairy-free yogurt.
- Try this Creamy Strawberry Dressing to help change up your normal salad dressings. You can use a blender or a food processor to make it.
You’ll need either fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe. If you are using frozen strawberries, let them defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Otherwise, your dressing will be more like a smoothie than a dressing!
Try to use ripe sweet berries for the ultimate flavor. Cut off any moldy spots from the ripe strawberries.
You’ll also need some white wine vinegar for the homemade dressing. You can use balsamic vinegar, apple cider vinegar, or red wine vinegar. I actually like to use a white balsamic vinegar to keep the dressing a pretty color of pink.
Other fresh ingredients you can find at the grocery store include yogurt for the creaminess and honey for sweetness.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
To make the salad dressing, you just have to blend the strawberries with the yogurt, honey, vinegar, and olive oil. You can do this in a blender or food processor.
As always, please see the recipe card at the end of this post with the exact measurements and directions.
After you make the dressing in the blender, I suggest you simply pour it over leafy greens, toss it, and serve.
Feel free to add other ingredients to your salad including sunflower seeds, red onion, sliced fennel bulb, goat cheese, poppy seeds, fresh herbs, cherry tomatoes, fresh berries, baby spinach, blue cheese, black pepper, or whatever you like.
Or, you can store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Would it be cliche to say this dressing tastes like summer? It’s truly one of my favorite dressings for summer salads at any time of year.
You could substitute maple syrup or dates if you prefer.
This is a savory dressing. If you prefer to make it a sweet dressing, you’ll need to leave out the white vinegar. Add extra honey to add more sweetness, up to 2 tablespoons. Blend and serve in a serving bowl or toss with fresh fruit in a medium bowl.
More Summery Salad Recipes You Might Like
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Instant Pot Quinoa with Vegetables
- Romaine Salad with Simple Vinaigrette
- Copycat Costco Quinoa Salad
Don’t Miss These Strawberry Recipes!
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries, about 1 cup
- 1/4 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt (I used coconut yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar (I like this white balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Add the fresh strawberries (about 1 cup) into a high-speed blender.
- Add the yogurt, vinegar, honey, and olive oil. Turn the blender on high for about 30 seconds or until the dressing is fully combined and creamy.
- Pour the dressing into a jar and use immediately or chill and serve later.
- If you prefer to use frozen strawberries in the dressing, place 1 cup in the fridge to defrost overnight before blending.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 67
- Sugar: 3.3 g
- Sodium: 5.1 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 1.5 mg
Keywords: strawberry yogurt salad dressing, vegan yogurt salad dressing
About the Author: Carrie Forrest has a master’s degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. She is a top wellness and food blogger with over 10 million annual visitors to her site. Carrie has an incredible story of recovery from chronic illness and is passionate about helping other women transform their health. Send Carrie a message through her contact form.