This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
If you’re looking for an easy way to prepare a healthy vegetable side dish, then try these Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts! You’ll be surprised how crispy and delicious these are.
Why do Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts make the perfect side dish?
You’ve never had Brussel sprouts like these before! They’re cooked perfectly on the inside, but are browned and super crispy on the outside. I think you’re really going to love this recipe.
This dish is also great because it can be difficult to find a recipe that is vegan, gluten-free, and paleo. These air fried sprouts will meet everyone’s needs.
What Makes Air Fryer Sprouts Extra Crispy?
You could make Brussel sprouts in the regular oven, but you need to cook them at such a high temperature that you’re more likely to burn them. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done that.
On the other hand, if you cook Brussel sprouts in an air fryer, you will get a much better result. The hot air of the fryer gets circulated around each sprout, emphasizing the Maillard reaction which causes the outer layer of the sprout to brown and crisp. You can get that crispiness with less oil in an air fryer, which is why it has gotten so popular. Air fryer vegetables are one of my favorite easy side dishes.
What is the Best Air Fryer?
When it comes to choosing an air fryer, I like this one. I’ve had a few air fryers and they all seem to be about the same. It really just depends if you want a smaller size or a large one. They take up a lot of space on your kitchen countertop, so I tend to recommend a smaller size model for most people.
Consumer Reports has a review of the Best Air Fryers of 2019. And, if you’re looking for an air fryer cookbook, I highly recommend The Skinnytaste Air Fryer Cookbook: The 75 Best Healthy Recipes for Your Air Fryer.
How to Make Air-Fryer Brussel Sprouts
- Wash, trim and halve one pound of fresh brussels sprouts. I usually buy the bags at the market that are pre-washed and ready to go. Larger sprouts should be quartered for even cooking and for ultimate crispiness.
- Toss the prepared sprouts with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sprouts to the base of your air fryer and set the temperature to 330°F. Most air fryers don’t need to be pre-heated, which is another benefit of using them.
- Bake for 18 minutes, opening and shaking the spouts at the halfway point.
- Serve hot. This easy side dish goes with almost any main dish.
Questions About Using the Air Fryer
Can I use coconut oil or butter to make air fryer vegetables?
I prefer to use olive oil when air frying because olive oil has a higher smoking point and is less likely to create smoke. I tried using coconut oil once and I got a ton of smoking in my kitchen.
Is this air fryer recipe healthy?
My blanket answer about vegetables is the more, the better. So, outside of deep-frying, I think any method that allows you to enjoy eating more vegetables, then that is a good thing. So, yes, this recipe is healthy.
The nutrition info for this particular recipe is great, too. Each serving has 70 calories, 4 grams of fiber, 4 grams or protein, 0 cholesterol, and is very high in vitamin C.
Tips for making Airfryer Sprouts
- Serve the cooked sprouts hot. They will start to lose their crispiness as they cool.
- Follow the same instructions to air fry other vegetables adjusting the cooking time as needed.
- Chop up any leftover cold sprouts for a crunchy addition to salads.
Other Easy Vegetable Recipes You Might Like
Check out my other Air Fryer Recipes, too.
Pin this Air Fryer Brussel Sprouts recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Here is the printable recipe:Print
If you’re looking for an easy way to prepare a healthy vegetable side dish, then try these Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts! You’ll be surprised how crispy and delicious these are.
- 1 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, washed, trimmed, and halved (large sprouts should be quartered)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Place the halved Brussels sprouts in a medium-size mixing bowl and add the oil. Toss to combine.
- Pour the sprouts into the base of your air fryer and set the temperature to 330°F.
- Bake for 18 minutes, stopping halfway through the baking process to open the drawer and shake the sprouts around.
- Serve the cooked sprouts hot.
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!