Ground Chicken Lettuce Tacos with Mango Salsa
Ground Chicken Lettuce Tacos with Mango Salsa is the perfect low-carb, flavorful dinner recipe. Add this 30-minute meal to your next meal prep. Gluten-free, grain-free, and super yummy!
Mango and red bell pepper are a match made in heaven. The sweetness of the mango and the fresh crunch of the bell pepper make a delightful and healthy salsa to top your chicken tacos.
Low-carb Mexican tacos are a perfect dish for your weekly dinner rotation or meal prep. These healthy lettuce tacos make a light and fresh lunch or dinner.
- This recipe is gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, dairy-free, and Whole30 friendly. It’s basically just whole foods, seasonings, and ground chicken which makes it perfect for households with food allergies.
- You can prep the meat and the salsa ahead of time. Then, when it’s time for dinner, all you have to do is assemble the Chicken Lettuce Tacos. If you do it this way dinner can be on the table in less than 5 minutes.
- If you don’t like to prep ahead of time, this recipe still only takes 30 minutes to make from start to finish.
Let me show you how to make these low-calorie chicken tacos. They come together in a snap!
Cut up the mango into bite sized pieces. In a bowl combine the mango, red onion, bell pepper, and lime juice then stir.
Let the salsa sit for 30 minutes while you heat up a non-stick skillet.
Cook the ground chicken in the skillet breaking it up with the spatula then add all the seasonings.
Once the chicken is cooked though, remove it from the heat and cover it with a lid.
Chop off the base of the romaine and carefully remove the outer leaves. Wash them and pat them dry.
Fill the leaves with ground chicken, top with mango salsa, and then add sliced avocado.
Other Healthy Mexican-Inspired Meals You Might Like
- Air Fryer Fish Tacos Without Breading
- Vegan Taco Casserole
- Chili’s Shrimp Fajitas (Copycat)
- Keto Mexican Rice
- Easy Taco Meatloaf
Romaine lettuce is a good choice because it has excellent crunch and it’s big enough to hold enough filling, but iceberg, butter, and bibb lettuce all work too.
Yes, just follow the recipe as directed with 93% lean ground turkey in place of the chicken.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
Ground Turkey Lettuce Tacos with Mango Salsa is the perfect low-carb, flavorful dinner recipe. Add this 30-minute meal to your next meal prep. Gluten-free, grain-free, and super yummy!
- 1 ripe mango
- ¼ red onion, minced
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium limes, juiced
- 1 lb. 93% lean ground chicken
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- First, make the salsa. Peel and cut the mango into bite-sized pieces. Place in a bowl with the red onion and red bell pepper. Pour in the lime juice and stir it all together.
- Let the salsa sit on the counter or in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- Next, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Stir in the ground chicken and use a spatula to break it up so it cooks evenly. Add the cumin, dried oregano, salt, and pepper for seasoning.
- When the chicken is completely cooked, remove the skillet from the heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.
- At this point, you’ll want to get the lettuce ready for serving. Chop off the base of the romaine and carefully pull off 8-10 of the outer leaves, being careful not to tear them. Wash them gently and pat them dry.
- When you’re ready to assemble the tacos, use a big serving spoon to fill the leaves with the cooked chicken, topping off each lettuce cup with some salsa.
- Serve the tacos with the avocado on top.
- This recipe can easily be doubled if you want to meal prep it or you have a large family. I recommend waiting to assemble the tacos until you are ready to eat, though, to ensure that the lettuce stays crisp.
- You can use 93% lean ground turkey in place of the ground chicken, if you prefer.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: low-carb turkey tacos, turkey lettuce wraps, keto tacos
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.