This Chocolate Mint Smoothie recipe is dairy-free and packed full of nutrition. It tastes like a minty and chocolate dessert, so it’s perfect for breakfast or as a healthy snack.
If it’s hot where you are, then now is definitely the time of year to make a green smoothie for breakfast. It’s sweet and refreshing and completely hides the fact that you’re eating at least two servings of greens before 8 a.m. Winning! 🙂
We’ve had an unusually hot streak of weather here on California’s Central Coast, with temperatures in the high 90s along with humidity. This is really unusual for this part of the country, which makes a cold smoothie that much more refreshing.
I’ve recently started adding fresh mint into my smoothies and, with the addition of raw cacao nibs, totally reminds me of the Peppermint Patties I used to devour back in the day. Mint + chocolate = best combo ever, or peanut butter + chocolate?
I’ve also read research that mint is good for those of us with PCOS. Its been shown that the mint helps reduce elevated androgen levels that can occur with this type of hormonal imbalance. If I’m making this recipe to share with my husband, sometimes I’ll leave out the mint leaves for his portion so I don’t inadvertently reduce his testosterone.
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
This dairy-free smoothie contains 2 servings of vegetables for a healthy and delicious breakfast.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 big handful each baby kale and baby spinach
- 1/2 cup steamed-then-frozen zucchini chunks
- 5 fresh mint leaves
- 1 kiwi
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Combine the almond milk, frozen banana, kale, spinach, frozen zucchini chunks, mint leaves, kiwi, collagen peptides (or your choice of protein powder), and cacao nibs in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high until ingredients are completely combined. Serve immediately.
Items recommended for this recipe (affiliate links included):
- High-speed blender; I use a Blendtec
- Raw cacao nibs or organic cocoa powder
- Organic peppermint extract if you don’t have fresh mint
- Collagen peptides
Thoughts on green smoothies…an old trend or still relevant?
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!