I’m excited to share this Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie. It’s pretty much an evolution of my Energizing Green Smoothie, but with a special ingredient: frozen broccoli florets!
Did you ever think about using frozen broccoli florets in a smoothie?
Studies show that there are compounds in cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli that fight cancer. How cool is that? However, as far as we know, these compounds are only present in raw cruciferous, not cooked. So, I chose to add these raw, frozen florets to my green smoothie. I can’t even taste them (I usually can’t stand the smell or taste of broccoli) and they actually thicken the overall smoothie.
Here is the recipe for this surprisingly delicious Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie that is also dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly:Print
With so many nutrient-dense ingredients, I call this the Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie.
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 3 cups filtered water
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh pomegranate arils
- 1 1-inch knob fresh ginger
- 4 cups fresh salad greens or lightly steamed kale, spinach, or collard greens
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen raw broccoli florets
- juice of one lime
- Combine hemp seeds and water in a high-speed blender and process on high for 15 seconds.
- Next, add the banana, frozen strawberries, and pomegranate arils and blend on high again.
- Lastly, add the ginger, greens, mint, cocoa powder, flax meal, ground chia seeds, broccoli, and lime juice and blend one last time until smooth. Serve immediately.
Doesn’t this just scream “eat me, I’m healthy!”?
Fortunately, healthy = delicious in this case.
Do you drink green smoothies and do you have any secret ingredients you’d like to share?
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!