Last Updated on
A quick and easy Garbanzo Bean Salad recipe with mustard dressing. Oil-free, vegan, and sugar-free!
We’re having a taste of summer here in California!
I’m certainly not complaining, the warm weather has lifted my spirits and satisfied my urge for change (well…almost…more on that below).
Cold meals have suddenly become a lot more appetizing with this hot(ter) weather. This incredibly simple salad was inspired by the bowl of avocados that I picked from my mom’s tree last week that all managed to ripen at the same time – that’s nature for ‘ya, but it sure puts the pressure on:
Back to the salad…it’s really just canned garbanzo beans mixed with some chopped veg, with a simple dressing of mustard and freshly-squeezed citrus juice. The avocado makes it divine:
Here’s the recipe:Print
A quick and easy salad with garbanzo beans, veggies, avocado, and a simple mustard dressing.
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans
- ¼ medium red onion
- 2 medium limes
- 1 large lemon
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 2 large celery ribs
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 large or 2 medium avocados
- Rinse and drain the beans well and pour into a large bowl.
- Chop the onion very finely and add to the beans.
- Juice the limes and lemon and pour the juice into the bowl, as well as both the grainy and yellow mustards.
- Slice the red bell pepper and celery and then chop into small pieces. Add to the mixture, along with freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
- Lastly, cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and use a dull knife to cut it into cubes. Use a spoon to scoop the cubed flesh into the bowl.
- Stir the ingredients well to combine and, ideally, let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving (this gives the salad some time for the flavors to meld).
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
Sitting poolside while munching is pretty much my ideal scenario, wearing yoga clothes all day long ‘cuz they’re so dang comfortable:
I could get used to this:
Hungry for more avocado-based recipes or celebrating Cinco de Mayo? If so, then you might like my recipe for the World’s Easiest Guacamole.
Or, if you’re like me and just have an abundance of avos in the house, you could always go for this Avocado Chocolate Mousse served with some goji berries on top (just a suggestion that I highly advise you take at once, ha ha).
Pin this recipe:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!