I’m excited to share a recipe today for Gluten-Free Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies. I might even venture to say these brownies are guilt-free because of my sneaky substitution of pumpkin puree for most of the oil in the original recipe:
These brownies are made from a mix so it literally takes all of 2 minutes to get them into the oven:
My friends at NOW Foods sent it to me to try (full disclosure: this is a sponsored post; all opinions are my own):
The ingredient list is 100% gluten-free, using brown rice flour, tapioca flour, and flax seed meal instead of wheat. You check out the whole line of certified gluten-free mixes, grains, and other products from Living NOW here.
The directions on the box are to add water, 1 egg, and 2/3 cup of canola oil to the mix. What I did instead was to use dairy-free milk for creaminess, one egg (feel free to use a chia-egg to make them vegan), 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, and 1 cup of pumpkin puree. You’ll see my substitutions in the recipe below.
I also added chocolate chips on top for an extra-fudge-y finish (this is the brand I like):
The pumpkin flavor is undetectable and nobody could believe these brownies were made with very little oil:
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
- 1 Living NOW Gluten-Free Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg (feel free to substitute a chia egg)
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened dairy-free milk such as almond or soy
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Spray an 8×8″ baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Pour the brownie mix into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, egg, milk, and coconut oil.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until no lumps remain.
- Pour the batter into the glass baking dish and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let the brownies cool for about 20 minutes after baking before cutting.
Pin this recipe to save for later:
Thanks again to NOW Foods for helping make pumpkin season a lot more delicious and fun!
What kind of treats are you making this Fall? Or, what would you like to see me make?
P.S. I just created an e-mail newsletter with fun stuff you won’t find on my blog! Sign up here here for dairy- and gluten-free seasonal recipes and inspiration.