These gluten-free Cinnamon Flax Muffins are vegan and sweetened mostly with applesauce or squash puree, making them a healthy treat for kids and adults.
I was recently inspired to make a batch of Cinnamon Flax Muffins using this fantastic assortment of organic nuts and seeds:
Even though it’s still excruciatingly hot here in California, we’ve had a few odd days when the temperatures dip and I can turn on the oven. These muffins are worth it! They are packed with fiber, but tons of flavor and nutrition, too:
I usually add ground flax to my morning green smoothies, but I’m not opposed to eating flax in other recipes, too:
Here’s the printable recipe for these Gluten-Free Cinnamon Flax Muffins:Print
These Cinnamon Flax Muffins are a healthy treat for kids and adults.
- 1 ½ cups organic ground flax seed
- ½ cup blanched almond flour
- 1 teaspoon organic ground ceylon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup organic sweet potato puree, applesauce, or pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten, or two chia eggs*
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (vegans can substitute maple syrup)
- *Each chia egg is made by stirring together 1 tablespoon of chia seed with 3 tablespoons of water. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before adding to the muffin batter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the ground flaxseed, almond flour, cinnamon, and baking powder into a large mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Next, add the sweet potato puree (or applesauce or pumpkin puree), coconut oil, eggs to the bowl of a food processor. Pulse gently to combine.
- Pour the contents of the food processor into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients and use a large spatula to stir together. Use a tablespoon to place the batter into each well of the muffin tin.
- Bake for 35 minutes and let muffins cool slightly before serving.
Here’s an image you can Pin to save this recipe:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!