Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are full of lemon flavor! They are a delicious way to celebrate spring. This easy and healthy muffin recipe is made egg-free, gluten-free and dairy-free. Fluffy and light!
For my friends who are vegan or who can’t eat eggs, gluten, or dairy, this recipe is perfect for you! There is just something special about lemon muffins. The lemon zest and lemon juice goes so well with the poppy seeds.
And, even though this muffin recipe is both vegan and gluten-free, the muffins are fluffy, tender, and absolutely perfect.
Preheat your oven and line your muffin tin with muffin liners.
Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Combine the wet ingredients in a bowl and pour into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
Divide the batter between the muffin wells and bake for 15-18 minutes. Let the muffins cool slightly before serving.
These muffins are sweet enough that they don’t need a glaze.
Yes, you can use whatever type of unsweetened plant milk you like for this recipe.
Other Healthy Vegan Desserts You Might Like
- Apple Pear Cobbler
- Banana-Sweetened Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Lemon Zest Poppy Seed Energy Bites
- Vegan Fudgesicles
- Vegan Mug Cake
Watch me make this recipe on YouTube!
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
These Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins are full of lemon flavor! They are a delicious way to celebrate spring. This easy and healthy dessert recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or white sugar
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
- 1/3 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a muffin tin with muffin liners (or spray the wells with nonstick cooking spray).
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, coconut sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, and sea salt. Use a whisk or spoon to mix together.
- In a small bowl, combine the almond milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, applesauce, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir together. Make sure there are no lumps in the batter.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the muffin tin and bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are golden brown.
- Remove the muffins to a drying rack to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to make healthy lemon poppyseed muffins, poppyseed muffins, lemon muffins
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.