These Gluten-Free Carrot Cake Muffins with Pepitas will satisfy your next sweet craving. They’re so delicious for breakfast or a healthy snack!
I got the inspiration for this recipe from the Loaded Morning Glory Muffins recipe in the August/September issue of Paleo Magazine:
I had some carrots laying around that needed to be used, so they got shredded and used as the base of the mix, along with almond flour, coconut flour, and ground cinnamon:
The wet ingredients got blended in the food processor and added to the carrots and flours:
This is a pretty wet batter, but it makes for a really moist muffin:
Here’s my recipe:Print
These are a healthy breakfast or snack.
- 10 dried apricots, preferably unsulfured
- 2 cups loosely-packed shredded carrots (do not squeeze out the liquid)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs (vegan option: use two tablespoons of ground chia or flax mixed with six tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin lightly with non-stick oil and set aside.
- Place the apricots in a small bowl and cover with hot water to soak for at least 10 minutes. Drain the apricots and discard the water when ready to use.
- Add the shredded carrots, almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Next, place the eggs or egg substitute, honey (or maple syrup), coconut oil, and apricots in the bowl of a food processor. Turn on high for 20-30 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture from the food processor into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir together with a spatula and divide evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until the tops start to turn a golden brown, but not burned.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 125
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!