Grapefruit Strawberry Smoothie
No matter the weather or season, I think you’re going to love this sweet and tangy Grapefruit Smoothie. It’s a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly, with only six ingredients.
Grapefruit is a citrus fruit that is harvested in the wintertime, but you can generally get fresh grapefruits at the grocery store all year around. Pink grapefruits tend to be a little sweeter than the regular grapefruits, but you can use either one in this smoothie.
If you’re trying to manage your weight, then you might want to consider adding grapefruits to your diet. One study showed that participants who ate grapefruits before each meal ended up losing weight compared to those who did not.
The base of this vegan and dairy-free grapefruit smoothie is made using boxed or homemade almond milk, and the result is a creamy, sweet and tangy drink that you can have as a meal replacement or a snack.
I also included a few tablespoons of hemp seeds to add healthy fats and protein.
As written, this recipe is:
- vegan, vegetarian, and paleo.
Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Once you’ve blended your grapefruit smoothie, then you can serve it right out of the blender. This recipe makes two servings, so you can share it or you can store the leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- You can use frozen blueberries, but then you’ll need to add about 1/2 cup of water to make sure the smoothie is the right consistency.
- Substitute maple syrup for the honey if you are vegan.
- Add unsweetened protein powder to make this a well balanced meal replacement.
- Use a Blendtec or a Vitamix to ensure that the smoothie gets very creamy and fully blended.
Yes you can use fresh strawberries or pineapple chunks in this smoothie, but then you might need to reduce the amount of almond milk to 1/2 cup to help make the smoothie the right consistency.
Yes, you can use virtually any type of plant-based milk in this recipe, including coconut milk. You can also use dairy milk if you want, but then the recipe will not be vegan.
Yes, absolutely! I would suggest using an unsweetened version of protein powder, otherwise your smoothie will be too sweet.
Other Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Anti-Cancer Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Honeydew Smoothie
- Oat Milk Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cauliflower Smoothie
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie
Or, check out my entire list of healthy smoothies, all made with no dairy!
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
No matter the weather or season, I think you’re going to love this sweet and tangy Grapefruit Smoothie. It’s a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegan-friendly, with only five ingredients.
- 2 grapefruits, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 dates, pitted
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the chopped grapefruit, pineapple, strawberries, almond milk, hemp seeds, and dates.
- Process on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is creamy and fully blended.
- Serve immediately, or pour into a glass with a lid and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- You can use virtually any type of plant-based milk in this recipe, including coconut milk. You can also use dairy milk if you want, but then the recipe will not be vegan.
- You can use pink or white grapefruits in this recipe.
- Store any leftovers in a covered glass in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: smoothie with whole grapefruit, smoothie using grapefruit, vegan smoothie recipe
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.