Instant Pot Potato Soup (Dairy-Free)
This Instant Pot Potato Soup recipe is dairy-free, healthy, and super easy to make. It’s creamy and comforting and full of delicious potato flavor.
- Coconut milk replaces conventional milk to eliminate dairy and contains medium-chain triglycerides.
- Coconut milk may even improve cholesterol levels and benefit heart health.
- In addition to potatoes, this Instant Pot Potato Soup is loaded with carrots, celery, red onions, and scallions.
- With only 10 minutes at high pressure and a 5-minute natural release, this Instant Pot potato soup is a 30-minute meal.
This recipe only has 8 ingredients, so it comes together quickly.
- If you are using bacon (omit for vegan), cook it and then set aside for later use.
- While the bacon is cooking, gather all of your veggies and wash and chop them.
- Add all of the chopped vegetables (except the scallions) and the broth to the Instant Pot.
- Set your electric pressure cooker to High for 10 minutes and allow for a 5-minute natural release.
- Add the coconut milk and season with salt and pepper before you use a potato masher or immersion blender to combine all the ingredients into a luscious soup. If you don’t have coconut milk and you can tolerate dairy, feel free to use regular milk instead.
- Garnish with the scallions and bacon before serving.
- Cook the bacon while you gather and chop your vegetables.
- Pour the soup into single-serving containers and store in the fridge (for up to four days) for quick reheating throughout the week.
- Use an immersion blender rather than a potato masher to save some time and energy.
Other Instant Pot Soups You Might Like
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Lentil & Sausage Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
And, don’t miss my round-up of the best Healthy & Easy Instant Pot Soups!
Here is the printable recipe:Print
Instant Pot Potato Soup (Dairy-Free)
This healthy Instant Pot Potato Soup recipe is dairy-free and super easy to make. It’s creamy and comforting and full of delicious potato flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound medium Russet potatoes (about 3 potatoes), washed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (for vegan, use vegetable broth)
- 1 13.5-ounce can full-fat coconut milk*
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (omit for vegan)
1. Combine the potatoes, carrots, celery, onion, and broth in the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot.
2. Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 10 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking time, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
3. Unlock and remove the lid. Add the coconut milk, salt, and pepper. Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes into the milk and broth. Alternatively, for a smoother texture, you can use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to the desired smoothness.
4. Serve immediately. Top each serving with the scallions and bacon crumbles.
5. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
VEGAN OPTION: replace the chicken broth with vegetable broth and leave off the bacon.
PALEO OPTION: use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
*If you don’t have coconut milk or you don’t have a dairy allergy, feel free to substitute regular whole milk for the coconut milk.
Keywords: pressure cooker, potato soup, instant pot soup