Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa Vegetable Salad (One-Pot, Vegan)
Learn how to make this Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa Vegetable Salad that is one-pot, vegan, and gluten-free. It’s a healthy and delicious meal.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Salad
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: vegan, gluten-free, healthy
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Persian cucumbers, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped olives (green or black)
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- Rinse the quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve until the water runs clear. Drain and place the quinoa in a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot. Add the water.
- Lock on the lid and set the Instant Pot to one minute cooking time at high pressure. Be sure the sealing valve is set to “sealing”.
- Once the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes and then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove the lid and use a fork to fluff the quinoa.
- Add the red bell pepper, cucumber, olives, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds to the quinoa and stir to combine.
- Add the avocado oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir one more time to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This salad will keep in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days.
Keywords: instant pot quinoa salad, pressure cooker quinoa