Easiest Instant Pot Chicken Stew
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Stew is loaded with potatoes and vegetables, making it a delicious, nourishing, and comforting recipe.
Easy Chicken Stew Highlights
- This soup is so easy to make, but tastes like it was cooked for hours.
- Loads of fresh veggies and herbs add flavor and substance.
- Creamy white potatoes and chicken are kid-friendly favorites.
- Using chicken broth instead of water gives this stew depth of flavor.
- Substitute sweet potatoes for a paleo version of the soup.
1. Gather your ingredients and chop all of your veggies.
2. Select the Sauté function on the Instant Pot and sauté the veggies until tender.
3. Add the remaining ingredients and set the pressure cooker to high for 8 minutes with a 10-minute natural release.
4. Remove the bay leaves, stir, and serve hot.
Is this Recipe Healthy?
- I think so, because it’s a great way to get lots of veggies, along with lean protein.
- Each serving is a meal, with just about 400 calories and 35 grams of protein.
- This chicken stew is low in fat and cholesterol.
- Swap the veggies in this recipe for your favorite veggies for a twist on the flavors.
- Use a tied bundle of fresh herbs instead of the dried herbs. Just pull out the bundle before serving.
- Substitute sweet potatoes for the white potatoes for a paleo version of this recipe.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Other Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken Soup with Rice
- Instant Pot Coconut Chicken
- Instant Pot Noodles with Chicken
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Stew
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This easy Instant Pot Chicken Stew has potatoes and vegetables, making it a delicious, nourishing, and comforting recipe.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3–4 breasts), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms, and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press Cancel and pour in the broth. Add the chicken, potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Stir the stew and serve immediately, or place in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
You can substitute sweet potatoes for the white potatoes to make this recipe paleo-friendly.
You can use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for even more flavor.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Gluten-free, dairy-free, paleo-friendly
Keywords: chicken stew recipe, pressure cooker chicken stew, chicken and potato soup