Here’s a delicious recipe for vegan cream of broccoli soup that is super easy to make. It’s a healthy and delicious meal!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium avocado, peeled
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth*
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli and onion in a medium mixing bowl and pour in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Pour the broccoli and onion onto the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully transfer the roasted broccoli and onion to a high-speed blender.
- Add the avocado, garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and broth.
- Process on high for 5 minutes until the soup is steaming.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*paleo friends can use chicken broth to increase the protein content of this recipe.