Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Dairy-Free)
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is dairy-free and vegan but is so creamy and delicious. You’re going to love this easy squash soup recipe.
- This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup is perfect for a nutritious and satisfying lunch. It can be served with a side of crusty bread for the perfect meal.
- This butternut squash soup recipe is incredibly high in beta-carotene and is incredibly creamy and flavorful.
- Unlike most creamy soups, this recipe is dairy-free and vegan, so it’s perfect for lots of different dietary needs.
I think you might have everything you need to make this soup right now. The ingredients are all seasonal foods, including:
- butternut squash
- chives (optional, for topping)
1. Use the Sauté function on the Instant Pot to cook the chopped onion.
2. Add all ingredients except for the cashews and cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
3. After a 10-minute natural release add the soup ingredients to the blender with the cashews and blend for 30 seconds.
- Soak the cashews while the other ingredients cook in a 6-quart Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- Store the soup in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- You can use a regular blender, but the soup may not be as creamy. I recommend a Blendtec or Vitamix.
- If you already have cooked butternut squash puree on hand (like from this Instant Pot Whole Butternut Squash recipe), then you can make this soup by simply blending the puree with cashews, broth, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Other Healthy Instant Pot Soup Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Curry Soup (Whole30, gluten-free)
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup (vegan option)
- Instant Pot Potato Soup (dairy-free, with vegan option)
- Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (vegan)
And, don’t miss my round-up of the best Instant Pot Soup recipes, all gluten-free and dairy-free!
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup recipe is dairy free and vegan, but is so creamy and delicious. You’re going to love this easy squash soup recipe.
- ½ cup unsalted cashews
- 4 cups filtered water, divided in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 pounds peeled and chopped butternut squash
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place the cashews in a small bowl and cover with 2 cups of the water. Let the cashews soak while you make the soup.
- In the base of a 6-quart or 8-quart Instant Pot, select the Sauté function. Pour the oil into the pot and let it heat up for about 2 minutes.
- Add the onion and use a spatula or wooden spoon to stir the onion. Let the onion cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Cancel the Sauté function and add the butternut squash, garlic powder, vegetable broth, 2 cups of water, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir the ingredients together.
- Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick-release to release any remaining pressure. Remove the lid from the pressure cooker.
- Next, drain the cashews and place them in the base of a high-speed blender. Use a ladle to carefully transfer the soup mixture to the blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the soup and the cashews are fully blended and creamy.
- Serve hot.
You can store this soup in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker and blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, dairy-free, paleo, gluten-free
Keywords: pressure cooker soup, instant pot soup, vegan soup