This Vegan Pumpkin Dip is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of the fall season. Serve this sweet, dairy-free dip with fruit, veggies, or pretzels at your next party.
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted*
- 6 ounces dairy-free plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor.
- Drain the water from the dates, discarding the water. Place the dates in the food processor.
- Process the ingredients on high, about 45 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You might need to stop the food processor and use a spatula to wipe down the sides.
- You can serve the dip immediately, or transfer it to a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator.
*You can substitute 1/3 cup maple syrup for the dates, if you prefer.
The dip can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serve the tip with sliced apples, strawberries, baby carrots, or pretzels.