Dairy-Free Pumpkin Dip (Date-Sweetened)
This Vegan Pumpkin Dip is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of the fall season. Serve this sweet, dairy-free dip with fruit or veggies as a satisfying seasonal appetizer.
- Author: Carrie Forrest, MPH in Nutrition
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 8 ounces dairy-free plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a high-speed blender or food processor.
- Drain the water from the dates, discarding the water. Place the dates in the blender or food processor.
- Process the ingredients on high, about 45 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You might need to stop the blender or food processor and use a spatula to wipe down the sides.
- You can serve the dip immediately, or transfer it to a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator.
- Serve the dip with your choice of sliced fruit or vegetables.
- You can substitute 1/3 cup maple syrup for the dates, if you prefer.
- The dip can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: healthy dip, vegan dip, healthy pumpkin recipe