Last Updated on
This post has been sponsored by SEEDS OF CHANGE™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
If you’re looking for a super easy meal prep lunch or dinner, you’ll love this Vegan Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies & Tofu.
Vegan Rice Bowl Ingredients
With roasted butternut squash and maple tofu, along with fluffy brown rice, avocado, and crispy radishes, this rice bowl is just bursting with texture and flavor. It’s really a perfect easy meal for lunch or dinner that can come together in minutes.
For this recipe, I shopped at Vons and used these six main ingredients:
- SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Brown Basmati Rice
- butternut squash cubes
- organic chopped tofu
- green onion
- and avocado
As I mentioned, I found all of the ingredients for this recipe at my local Vons store. I love shopping there because I can get everything I need. I found the Brown Basmati Rice in the rice section of the store, along with many other products from the SEEDS OF CHANGE™ brand! I love that SEEDS OF CHANGE™ brand donates 1% of profits to helping communities enjoy real food grown from seeds.
Don’t forget to download the Vons app to your phone to get coupons!
Meal Prep Rice Bowl
I’ve been on a meal prep kick lately. I don’t mean the kind of meal prep where you spend 8 hours on Sunday preparing dish after dish. I prefer the 1-2 hour meal prep where you make a few dishes every few days that can be used in creative variations.
This Vegan Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies and Tofu is a perfect example of my style of easy meal prep. The butternut squash and tofu get roasted together ahead of time, and then the rice gets cooked in just 90 seconds right before serving. Then, the assembly literally just takes minutes.
How to Make Vegan Rice Bowls
You’ll see how easy it is to prepare the ingredients and then throw together these delicious rice bowls. Sometimes people call the Buddha bowls or power bowls, but they’re full of protein, flavor, texture, and nutrition, and one of my favorite easy lunch or dinner recipes.
Here’s the recipe for this Vegan Rice Bowl with Roasted Veggies & Tofu:Print
- 1 20-ounce package cubed butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces extra firm cubed tofu, drained and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or reduced sodium tamari
- 1 8.5-ounce package SEEDS OF CHANGE™ Brown Basmati Rice
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 2 radishes, washed, dried, and sliced thinly
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash cubes in a medium bowl and drizzle in the coconut oil and salt. Toss to combine. Pour the squash onto the baking sheet.
- Next, place the tofu in the bowl and toss with the maple syrup and coconut aminos. Add the tofu to the baking sheet with the butternut squash.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and roast the squash and tofu for 40-45 minutes, or until the squash has started to brown around the edges. Be careful to not let the tofu burn.
- When the squash and tofu are done roasting, transfer them to a glass bowl until you’re ready to assemble the bowls.
- For each bowl, add a layer of cooked brown rice and about 1/4 cup each of butternut squash and roasted tofu. Top each bowl with cubed avocado, sliced radishes, and chopped green onions.
Be sure to pin this Vegan Rice Bowl recipe to your favorite Pinterest board!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!