Liver Detox Green Smoothie
This dairy-free Liver Detox Green Smoothie helps support your body’s natural detoxification system and liver function. Blend together ingredients like banana, pineapple, greens, and avocado to make a nourishing and delicious breakfast, lunch, or snack.
This Liver Detox Smoothie is a great recipe to help you feel more energetic and less bloated. It’s perfect for those times of the year when you’re feeling like you want to increase your nutrient intake to help your body feel its best.
With only wholesome ingredients, this green smoothie is a powerhouse of antioxidants and immune-boosting nutrients.
This smoothie has no dairy in it whatsoever, but the avocado makes it super creamy and satisfying. The other ingredients add flavor and nutrition, without tasting overly “green” or healthy.
Frozen fruit including banana and pineapple help add natural sweetness and thickness.
Add a scoop of paleo protein powder to make this a meal replacement.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Place your milk, banana, pineapple, avocado, spinach, cilantro, and ground cinnamon in the pitcher of a high speed blender. Add the protein powder, if you are using.
And, as always, please check the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Blend your ingredients on high for about 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is completely blended and creamy.
Once you’ve blended your detox smoothie, then you can serve it right out of the blender.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- You can easily double or triple this recipe depending on how many servings you want.
- Use fresh mint or parsley instead of cilantro, if you prefer.
- Use a Blendtec or a Vitamix to ensure that the smoothie gets very creamy and fully blended.
- Learn other natural ways to support your body’s detox system, including checking out my recipe for Detoxifying Beet Juice or my Liver Cleanse Juice.
Yes, you can! It may not be as smooth, but it will still be delicious.
Ingredients like fresh fruit, leafy greens, herbs, and healthy fats like avocado are ideal for supporting the body’s detox system and the liver.
There is no scientific evidence that supports the need to do a liver detox, but there are some healthy ways to support your liver, including eating a clean eating diet and avoiding excessive alcohol intake, and avoiding other toxins.
More Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Anti-Cancer Green Breakfast Smoothie
- Constipation Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cauliflower Smoothie
- Mango Peach Smoothie
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- 3-Ingredient Pineapple Smoothie
- Moringa Smoothie
- Weight Loss Green Smoothie
Or, check out my entire list of healthy smoothies, all made with no dairy!
More Recipes to Help Support Detoxification
- 1 cup unsweetened plant milk
- 1/2 ripe banana, frozen
- 1/3 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 handfuls baby spinach or baby kale
- 5–10 sprigs of fresh cilantro, stems removed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1–2 scoops unsweetened protein powder (optional, for extra protein)
- Place your milk, banana, pineapple, avocado, spinach, cilantro, and ground cinnamon in the pitcher of a high speed blender. Add the protein powder, if you are using.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Serve your smoothie immediately, or cover it and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- If you don’t like cilantro, you can substitute 5-6 fresh mint leaves or a 1/2 bunch of flat-leaf Italian parsley with the stems removed.
- The nutrition data does not include any protein powder.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 13.4 g
- Sodium: 67 mg
- Fat: 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Fiber: 7.7 g
- Protein: 9.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free smoothie, paleo smoothie, cilantro smoothie
About the Author: Carrie Forrest has a master’s degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. She is a top wellness and food blogger with over 10 million annual visitors to her site. Carrie has an incredible story of recovery from chronic illness and is passionate about helping other women transform their health. Send Carrie a message through her contact form.