This Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe is a vegan and paleo dessert full of decadent chocolate flavor. You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious, healthy treat.
This pudding is one of those easy desserts that you can whip up in less than 10 minutes. It’s a no-bake treat that gets whipped up in the food processor or a high-speed blender so it’s a life-saver when you’re having one of those “give me chocolate now” moments.
I also tried to keep the recipe fairly healthy, using a combination of sweeteners like Medjool dates and maple syrup. I used unsweetened almond milk to help smooth out the texture, and the raw cacao powder adds a powerful boost of antioxidants, plus an amazing chocolate flavor. It tastes just like avocado chocolate mousse!
This Avocado Chocolate Pudding is:
- vegan and paleo
- refined sugar-free,
- and delicious.
Even people who don’t love the taste of avocados will love this rich, chocolate pudding because it doesn’t look or taste like avocados, I promise!
If you want an even richer version using peanut butter and no refined sugars, then you might want to check out this Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter pudding recipe too.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding Ingredients
To make this delicious Avocado Chocolate Pudding, you’ll need (some affiliate links included to specific brands I like):
- ripe avocado
- Medjool dates
- cacao powder
- maple syrup
- vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- unsweetened almond milk
How to Make Avocado Chocolate Pudding
I’ve made this recipe in both a food processor and a high-speed blender, and either one works just fine. Sometimes I opt for the blender just because there are fewer parts to assemble. But, the food processor sometimes works better since it’s easier to get all the pudding out of the bowl.
Either way, you literally just combine all the ingredients and give them a whirl. 30 seconds of blending and you’ve got pudding! Feel free to eat it right out of the blender or chill it for optimal sweetness.
This Avocado Chocolate Pudding makes four servings and has about 140 calories per serving.
Other Healthy Chocolate Recipes You Might Like:
Black Bean Brownies (dairy-free and grain-free)
4-Ingredient Chocolate Fig Bars (vegan and paleo)
Chocolate Chip Muffins (grain-free, paleo)
Here’s the printable recipe for my Avocado Chocolate Pudding that is both dairy-free and easy to make:Print
This Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe is an easy, dairy-free dessert full of decadent chocolate flavor. You only need a few ingredients to make this delicious treat.
- 1 large ripe avocado or 2 medium ripe avocados, pitted
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted and at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsweetened dairy-free milk, I used almond milk
- Use a spoon to scoop out the avocado from the skin. Place the avocado in the bowl of a food processor or the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Add the dates, maple syrup, cacao powder, vanilla extract, sea salt, and dairy-free milk.
- Process on high for about 30 seconds, or until the ingredients have fully combined and turned creamy and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the food processor or the blender, if necessary, and process another 10 seconds.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container for up to 4 days.
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
Be sure to pin this Avocado Chocolate Pudding recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!