Vegan Broccoli Sprout Smoothie
This Broccoli Sprout Smoothie is a superfood breakfast full of phytonutrients and cancer-fighting compounds. It’s a nourishing dairy-free and vegan recipe.
Awhile back, I wrote about growing broccoli sprouts at home (see my guide to how to sprout broccoli). I see them at the farmers’ markets and the natural foods store for almost $5 for a quarter pound, so making them at home is definitely the budget-friendly way to go.
You don’t need dirt or anything, so it’s really an easy way to practice indoor gardening right on your kitchen countertop.
Most people put brocolli sprouts on a sandwich or a salad, but I’ve been putting them in a green smoothie. The fruit in the smoothie covers most of the spicy flavor of the sprouts.
Also, since it’s advised to rinse sprouts thoroughly before eating them, this way I don’t have to worry about drying them before I eat them. I just rinse and plop them into the blender.
Once you get the hang of growing broccoli sprout at home, it’s pretty easy! It does take about 5 days from start to finish, though, so don’t waste anymore time getting started.
I’ve also written another article with Six Ways to Use Broccoli Sprouts, in addition to this smoothie recipe.
Again, I realize that the name of this smoothie isn’t the most appetizing or enticing, but I promise that it tastes like a strawberry milkshake. Well, maybe a healthy strawberry milkshake. The ingredients include:
- hemp seeds
- frozen berries and other fruit
- cocoa powder
- broccoli sprouts
- baby spinach
- dates for sweetness
Other Healthy Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie
- Power Green Smoothie
- Raspberry Cream Smoothie with frozen squash
- Strawberry Green Smoothie (dairy-free and vegan-friendly)
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
A creamy dairy-free smoothie using broccoli sprouts.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts, rinsed well
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- Combine the water, hemp seeds, spinach, broccoli sprouts, banana, strawberries, pineapple chunks, cocoa powder, vanilla, and dates into the base of a high-speed blender.
- Process on the “smoothie” mode or for at least 45 seconds on high until completely blended.
- The texture should be smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: High-speed blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to use broccoli sprouts in a smoothie, rhonda patrick smoothie
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.