Here’s the easiest recipe you’ll ever find for delicious Pressure Cooker butternut squash. Ready in 3 minutes, it’s the perfect side dish for your next healthy meal!
I first published this post back in 2012, but updated it with some new pictures!
After my first two failed attempts using the pressure cooker, one of you brilliant readers suggested I start using my owner’s manual, ha. I also decided that last night I would try making something much simpler and straight-forward, like chopped butternut squash. I get the 2 lb. box at Costco, I love that it’s already chopped and ready to go.
I simply poured the contents into my pressure cooker pot (I use a 6-quart Instant Pot) and added one cup of water (the book said at least 1/2 cup so I doubled it to be sure). Using broth is also an option for extra flavor.
I also added some spices that I would normally add if I were roasted the squash in the oven: pumpkin pie spice, garlic powder, chili powder and dried oregano. I just stirred it all together and it looked like this:
It smelled a-MA-zing! I served it alongside my leftovers from last night. I think some onion added to the squash would have been really good so I’m going to try that next time.
Could I achieve the same result by steaming the squash on the stove top? Of course, but it takes a lot longer than three minutes, that’s for sure. I also love roasting squash, but that takes so long.
I’d love to know what your experiences are with pressure cooking. I also love the slow-cooker, but you have to run it for so long and make sure to plan ahead. The pressure cooker is ideal if you’ve just gotten home and need something fast.
Items recommended for this easy Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash recipe (some affiliate links included):
- Instant Pot 6-quart pressure cooker or Power Pressure Cooker XL
- Paleo Cooking with your Instant Pot book
- organic dried oregano
- organic pumpkin pie spice (buy in bulk for the best price)
Other pressure cooker recipes you might like:
- Pressure Cooker Easy Sweet Potato Mash
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
- Instant Pot Cooked Cabbage
- Pressure Cooker Carrot Ginger Soup
Here’s the recipe for this easy 3-Minute Pressure Cooker Butternut Squash:Print
A healthy side dish made in only 3-minutes cooking time using the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker.
- 2 lb. chopped butternut squash (from about one large squash)
- 1 cup of water or broth
- 1 tablespoon each pumpkin pie spice and dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon each garlic powder and chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in the pot of a 6-quart pressure cooker and stir to combine.
- Set on high-pressure for 3 minutes.
- Use the quick-release method after cooking
Join my weekly newsletter list! I’ll e-mail you once a week with a summary and links to new articles, plus insider info and bonuses available only to subscribers.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise.
Pin this recipe to save it for later!