This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
You’re going to love the perfect, creamy texture from these Instant Pot Red Potatoes. Serve them as an easy, healthy side dish!
How to Cook Instant Pot Red Potatoes
I promise that you are going to love how much easier it is to cook potatoes in the Instant Pot versus cooking them in the oven. Here are the steps.
1. The first step is to wash the potatoes and give them a pat dry with a clean towel. You’ll be able to cook about 4 small red potatoes in a 3-quart Instant Pot or 6-7 small red potatoes at a time in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
2. Next, add one cup of water to the base of your pressure cooker, place the stainless steel trivet in the bottom, and add the potatoes to the base on top of the trivet. Lock on the lid and set the timer to 10 minutes.
3. Use either the natural-release or quick-release before opening.
As I mentioned, the texture is absolutely perfect! Serve your pressure cooker potatoes however you like: plain, with butter or ghee, with sour cream, or with coconut yogurt and a sprinkle of fresh chives. They are delicious.
Here are some commonly asked questions about potatoes:
Are red potatoes healthier than gold potatoes?
Maybe, because the red skin likely has more antioxidants than plain skin. I couldn’t find any research about this though.
Aren’t potatoes unhealthy?
Fried potatoes are not healthy, but whole cooked potatoes in the context of an overall balanced diet should not be consider unhealthy.
What do red potatoes taste like?
They have a creamy texture, maybe because they’re starch level is a bit lower than that of a russet potato. I like to serve them with grass-fed ghee or coconut oil.
Aren’t potatoes in the nightshade family and therefore should be avoided?
Yes, white potatoes are indeed a member of the nightshade family. Some people are sensitive to nightshades, but it’s dependent on each individual person.
Other Easy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Artichokes
- Instant Pot Baked Potatoes
- Instant Pot Carrots
- Instant Pot Whole Sweet Potatoes
- Instant Pot Cooked Cabbage
- Instant Pot Whole Butternut Squash
Or, see all of my healthy Instant Pot recipes.
Here’s the printable recipe for these perfectly-cooked Instant Pot Red Potatoes:Print
Here is how to cook whole red potatoes in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
- 4 small red potatoes
- 1 cup water
- Wash the potatoes and give them a pat dry with a clean towel.
- Add one cup of water to the base of your pressure cooker, place the stainless steel trivet in the bottom, and add the potatoes to the base on top of the trivet.
- Lock on the lid and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- Use either the natural-release or quick-release before opening.
You’ll be able to cook about 4 small red potatoes in a 3-quarter Instant Pot pressure cooker or 6-7 small red potatoes at a time in a 6-quart Instant Pot.
Also, be sure to allow an additional 10 minutes for the pot to come up to pressure.
Pin this image to save this recipe for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!