- 10 dried apricots, preferably unsulfured
- 2 cups loosely-packed shredded carrots (do not squeeze out the liquid)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs (vegan option: use two tablespoons of ground chia or flax mixed with six tablespoons of water)
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a muffin tin lightly with non-stick oil and set aside.
- Place the apricots in a small bowl and cover with hot water to soak for at least 10 minutes. Drain the apricots and discard the water when ready to use.
- Add the shredded carrots, almond flour, coconut flour, pumpkin seeds, and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Next, place the eggs or egg substitute, honey (or maple syrup), coconut oil, and apricots in the bowl of a food processor. Turn on high for 20-30 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Pour the mixture from the food processor into the mixing bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir together with a spatula and divide evenly into the muffin tin.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until the tops start to turn a golden brown, but not burned.