Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls (GF & Vegan)
These Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls are so easy to make, and are absolutely delicious. You are going to love this healthy cookie recipe.
In case you aren’t familiar with the term “energy balls,” they’re basically raw cookies made with wholesome ingredients like nuts or seeds, dates, coconut oil, and various flavorings.
I’m a big fan of making these healthy cookies and I almost always have a batch in the refrigerator or freezer to snack on during the week. They’re also great for taking to parties or potlucks. Trust me, whenever I take them to an event, I almost always have to email people the recipe because they love them so much.
Energy balls are so easy to make, too! You do need a food processor, but the batter comes together in just a few minutes and then you just have to roll the dough into balls and they’re ready to go.
I like to chill my energy balls for about 30 minutes to help them stick together, but you can also just eat them as soon as you make them.
The first step to making these delicious cookies is to gather up all of your ingredients.
Then, just combine everything except the shredded coconut in a food processor. Then, use your hands to make the cookies and roll them in the coconut.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Other Healthy Energy Ball Recipes You Might Like
- Chocolate-Orange Hemp Bites
- Date-Hemp Energy Balls
- Lemon Zest Poppy Seed Energy Bites
- Peanut Butter Protein Bites
Don’t miss my full index of healthy dessert recipes!
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls
You are going to love these healthy and easy cookies that are gluten-free and vegan.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free, healthy
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 10 pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder*
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut (for coating)
- Combine the pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, dates, coconut oil, cocoa powder, and peppermint extract in the base of a food processor. Process on high for 2 minutes, or until the ingredients are well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a medium mixing bowl. Then, use your hands to form about 20-22 round balls using the batter.
- Pour the dried shredded coconut onto a plate or in a small bowl. Roll each ball into the cooconut.
- Place the balls in a glass container and refrigerator for at least 30 minutes for optimal sweetness.
If you prefer to use carob powder, use 2 teaspoons instead of 1 tablespoon.
Keywords: no bake cookies, raw vegan chocolate cookies, energy bites