Vegan Mug Cake
You’re going to love this single-serving Vegan Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and irresistible. Make it in 10 minutes or less!
Mug cakes are single-serving cake recipes that you bake for 1-2 minutes in the microwave. Mug cakes aren’t meant to be baked the oven, they are designed to cook quickly under microwave heat.
The flavors of mug cakes are endless, plus they can be adapted for keto, grain-fee, gluten-free, and vegan diets. Today’s Vegan Mug Cake recipe is both a gluten-free and dairy-free dessert that I think you are going to love.
You very likely have everything in your kitchen to make this Vegan Mug Cake right now! The beauty of this recipe is that you don’t need eggs or milk. So, I’m putting this in my Pantry Recipes category.
This easy dessert recipe comes together in 10 minutes or less. It is a lifesaver when you’re having a craving for something sweet. I know, because it’s saved me on multiple occasions. See my Coconut Flour Mug Cake or Snickerdoodle Mug Cake recipes for grain-free options.
Combine the ingredients for your mug cake in a microwavable-safe mug. Stir together to make the batter.
Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until the cake has risen.
Turn the cake onto a plate or leave it in the mug (your choice). Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top, and enjoy warm!
This particular recipe is not meant to be baked in the oven. It is meant to be microwaved. For a single serving cake recipe, stay tuned!
Yes, you can.
Yes, I would suggest using a grain-free flour like almond flour or cassava flour.
Yes, you can, but then the recipe won’t be vegan.
It is light and airy, similar to a real cake, but does have more moisture than a baked cake. I have been very impressed with the quality and texture of mug cakes, considering how quickly they get made.
Other Easy Vegan Dessert Recipes You Might Like
- Dairy-Free Mango Ice Cream
- Edible Cookie Dough (vegan, paleo, gluten-free)
- Vegan Fudgesicles
- Vegan Peach Ice Cream
- Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
You’re going to love this single-serving Vegan Mug Cake with Chocolate Chips. It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and irresistible.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips, divided
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- Spray a microwavable mug with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and 1 tablespoon of the chocolate chips to the mug.
- Add the almond milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil, and stir until combined.
- Microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the cake has risen.
- Sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of chocolate chips on top of the cake.
- Let the cake cool for a minute or two before serving.
You can eat the cake right out of the mug, or you can turn it out onto a plate to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: Vegan, gluten-free
Keywords: gluten free mug cake, easy mug cake, chocolate chip microwave cake
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.