Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
When you want a quick and easy side dish or snack, you’ve got to try Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries! Use sweet potato waffle fries or white potato packaged waffle fries for this delicious dish that takes less than 20 minutes.
A healthier alternative to deep-fried French fries, this air fryer version gives you all the goodness and crispiness of French fries without all the oil and mess! Not only do they cook quickly in the air fryer but they’re crispier too!
Even picky eaters love French fries which makes this the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight.
Why You Need This Air Fryer Recipe
- You get all the flavor without the guilt! You don’t even need any oil for this recipe. Just a light coating of nonstick cooking spray is all they need to crisp up nicely.
- It doesn’t get much simpler than dumping a bag of fries into the air fryer. Simply purchase your favorite brand and you’re all set.
- They only take 12 minutes to cook! When I try to get crispy fries in the oven, I bake mine for at least 18 to 20 minutes and even then some of them don’t crisp up.
Key Ingredients for Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
Frozen waffle fries are of course essential, but you can use white or sweet potato fries and purchase whichever brand you prefer.
Pour the waffle fries into the air fryer and spread them into an even layer.
Spray the top of the fries with nonstick cooking spray and close the air fryer.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Set the temperature to 400°F for 6 minutes. Once done flip the fries over and spray again.
Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes until crispy. Serve your waffle fries hot.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- You can cook just half the bag of frozen waffle fries depending on how many people you are serving.
- For gluten-free diets, be sure to use a brand of packaged fries that is labeled gluten-free.
- You can season the fries after they’re cooked with salt and pepper, seasoned salt, cajun seasoning, garlic salt, or cayenne pepper.
No, the fries go directly into the air fryer frozen. Do not thaw them first or the timing may be off. The air fryer will cook them all the way through while crisping up the outsides.
It depends on the cut of the french fries. For waffle fries cook at 400°F for 12 minutes flipping halfway through. For thin cut fries decrease the cooking time to 10 minutes and for thick cut fries increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. The important thing to remember is to move them around halfway through and to check to make sure they don’t burn.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Corn Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 20–ounce bag frozen waffle fries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Open the bag of frozen waffle fries and pour them into your air fryer basket.
- Use a spatula to spread them into an even layer. It’s okay if they are overlapping.
- Give the top of the fries a light spray with nonstick cooking spray and close the air fryer drawer.
- Set the temperature to 400°F for 6 minutes.
- Open the air fryer basket drawer and use tongs to gently flip the fries over. Spray the tops again lightly with the cooking spray and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until they are crispy. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Serve hot.
- You can cook just half the bag depending on how many people you are serving.
- For gluten-free diets, be sure to use a brand of package fries that is labeled gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: air fryer fries, waffle fries, frozen waffle fries
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.