Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries
When you want a quick and easy side dish or snack, you’ve got to try Air Fryer Frozen Waffle Fries! Use sweet potato waffle fries or white potato packaged waffle fries for this delicious dish that takes less than 20 minutes.
A healthier alternative to deep-fried French fries, Air Fryer Waffle Fries give you all the goodness and crispiness of French fries without all the oil and mess!
Not only do they cook quickly in the air fryer but they’re crispier than regular fries.
Even picky eaters love French fries which makes this the perfect side dish for a busy weeknight. Serve them plain or with your favorite dips like ranch dressing, sour cream, or ketchup.
Why You Need This Air Fryer Recipe
- You get all the flavor without the guilt! You don’t even need any oil for this recipe. Just a light coating of nonstick cooking spray is all they need to crisp up nicely.
- It doesn’t get much simpler than dumping a bag of fries into the air fryer. Simply purchase your favorite brand and you’re all set.
- They only take 12 minutes to cook! When I try to get crispy fries in the oven, I bake mine for at least 18 to 20 minutes and even then some of them don’t crisp up. This means that air frying really cuts back on the cook time.
Nonstick cooking spray helps crisp up the fries while they cook.
Frozen waffle fries are of course essential for Air Fryer Waffle Fries. You can use white potatoes or sweet potato fries and purchase whichever brand you prefer.
See the recipe card below for the exact measurements, plus cook time and temperature.
Pour the waffle fries into the air fryer basket and spread them into an even layer.
A single layer will prevent any of the waffle cut fries from burning.
Spray the top of the fries with nonstick cooking spray and close the air fryer.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 6 minutes. Once done flip the fries over and spray again with a little extra oil.
Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes until crispy. Serve your waffle fries hot. These waffle-cut fries are great served plain or with your favorite dipping sauce.
I hope you agree that they are a great side dish or perfect snack. The air fryer is the best way to cook these extra crispy waffle fries and uses so much less oil than deep frying.
It’s amazing how the hot air from the air fryer makes for crispier fries in less time.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- You can cook just half the bag of frozen waffle fries depending on how many people you are serving.
- For gluten-free diets, be sure to use a brand of packaged fries that is labeled gluten-free.
- You can season the fries after they’re cooked with salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, cajun seasoning, garlic salt, or cayenne pepper.
- Store any leftover waffle fries in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
No, the fries go directly into the air fryer frozen. Do not thaw them first or the timing may be off. The air fryer will cook them all the way through while crisping up the outsides.
It depends on the cut of the french fries. For waffle fries cook at 400°F for 12 minutes flipping halfway through. For thin cut fries, decrease the cooking time to 10 minutes. For thick cut fries, increase the cooking time to 15 minutes. The important thing for best results is to move them around halfway through the cooking process and to check to make sure they don’t burn.
More Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Corn Tortilla Chips
- Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Tenders
- Frozen Chicken Wings in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Air Fryer Frozen Vegetables
Don’t Miss These Air Fryer Snack Recipes!
- 1 20–ounce bag frozen waffle fries
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Open the bag of frozen waffle fries and pour them into your air fryer basket.
- Use a spatula to spread them into an even layer. It’s okay if they are overlapping.
- Give the top of the fries a light spray with nonstick cooking spray and close the air fryer drawer.
- Set the temperature to 400°F for 6 minutes.
- Open the air fryer basket drawer and use tongs to gently flip the fries over. Spray the tops again lightly with the cooking spray and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until they are crispy. Keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t burn.
- Serve hot.
- You can cook just half the bag depending on how many people you are serving.
- For gluten-free diets, be sure to use a brand of package fries that is labeled gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 147
- Sugar: 10.4 g
- Sodium: 118.1 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: air fryer fries, waffle fries, frozen waffle fries
About the Author: Carrie Forrest has a master’s degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. She is a top wellness and food blogger with over 10 million annual visitors to her site. Carrie has an incredible story of recovery from chronic illness and is passionate about helping other women transform their health. Send Carrie a message through her contact form.